Private plate - DVLA registering difficulties.

Right I’m stuffed, well!

Im part ex my current car LR Discovery 4 for a Audi A6 this Saturday but my LR has a private plate. DVLA will not allow me to carryout a  retention because of missing tax history within 5 years.

So I have to send off to DVLA the V5 and a form plus the £80 quid to get a new V5 with the old reg and a retention cert.

But in the mean time the car dealer has a LR with no V5 and no plates?

Anyone know what the turnaround time frame is to get a retention cert and V5 back from DVLA and I’m hoping the dealer is willing to wait.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hello Brian,

As I understand it, DVLA have been pretty quick in issuing V5s of late - a few days or so. 
Can’t the Audi dealer assist you with this. They obviously have direct online access to the DVLA registering system. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Called garage and asked they are happy taking my car and waiting for the new V5.

So happy days.

Thanks bud.

• Like 1

Sorry Brian,

Should have realised it wasn’t main dealer due to age. Looks nice - Bristol car, with a good MOT history, and probably been with the last owner since 2018. 
Enjoy. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

34 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Sorry Brian,

Should have realised it wasn’t main dealer due to age. Looks nice - Bristol car, with a good MOT history, and probably been with the last owner since 2018. 
Enjoy. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Yes history looks all ok just looking for a car that looks the part, goes, peanuts on tax and way less fuel cost compared to my 3.0L Discovery 4.

• Like 1