Wanted B4Drivers side wing

Wanted B4Drivers side wing

I have an Audi 80 Avant in LY7T Silver, the drivers side wing (o/s) is very rusty above the Audi badge and I think if I scrape it there will be a hole left behind.

I have tried eBay and FB but all sold, always the silver ones gone that is intact.

I am in Leeds UK. Has anyone got one in this colour.

Edited by Francis_G
clarification of details

Hello Francis,

I would have thought your chance of finding a good wing for a 31 year old car - in the colour you want - is very, very slim. 
Why not consider an any-colour availability and get it sprayed? Yes, I know it’s going to cost more in the end, but….

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I understand what you are saying, however if you do not ask you 100% will not get, but if you do, no matter how slim, you just might.

On facebook and eBay I have recently responded to 5 adverts, all silver, all sold.

New paint is not the same as the 30 year old paint. On a 30 year old wing or so the ageing would be more in keeping with the car and more crucially the paint would be of the same composition, therefore age with the car at a similar rate.

Audi's are an exacting car, and deserve the attention to detail that a new coat of paint would not give.

Thanks Francis,

Yes, even I understand the logic of your first paragraph.
You can ask anyone for the moon, but you ain’t going to get it!  Having said that, you have to survey the model ownership on this forum to evaluate how many members have the same model as you, how many of those have silver vehicles, of those how many have a spare off side wing, of those how many are silver, of those, how many of those actually want to sell you their spare silver wing?? My guesstimate would be 3/4 of next to nothing! If by chance they do, will it be free from storage marks that would render it oven-read to fit, and not requiring any paintwork rectification.
Blending in paintwork to match your 30 year old vehicle?
Saying it as it is:- Perhaps it doesn’t count, but I’ve been around paintwork and restorations for nye on 60 years now, so just to let you know, any paint shop worth its salt should be able to blend in and meet ‘Audi’s exacting standards’. 
Just let us know Francis if someone on here comes up with what you want. 
we are always open to help, if we can. 
Good luck with your quest. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

You quote "same model as you" the 80 wing is the same across the 80 B4 range, including saloon, ragtop and Avant to be precise part number is 8A0821106.

You quote "not requiring any paintwork rectification" This is something you have said, not me.

Other than that, thank you for your wishes Gareth.

• Like 1