A4 avant 2.0tdi 170 BRD Acceleration hesitation

Hi everyone. I am new to this site. I bought a 2008 silver a4 avant 2.0tdi brd 170. 

The issue I have is the car accelerates right to red line if your really gentle with it and revving slowly. As soon as you put your foot to the floor you get to around 2200rpm. Then it jerks violently. I really like this car I would like to sort the issue with it. As we go on holiday soon and I will be towing a caravan with it. Thanks to everyone in advance for any information cheers Darren 

Hello, whoever you are,

Can you please take a little bit of your time to complete your profile properly. 
Thank you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2024 at 4:29 PM, daza12575 said:

Hi everyone. I am new to this site. I bought a 2008 silver a4 avant 2.0tdi brd 170. 

The issue I have is the car accelerates right to red line if your really gentle with it and revving slowly. As soon as you put your foot to the floor you get to around 2200rpm. Then it jerks violently. I really like this car I would like to sort the issue with it. As we go on holiday soon and I will be towing a caravan with it. Thanks to everyone 

If you have not already fixed it I would say a blocked egr valve? I have had a similar problem on my A4 black edition although mine is a 2007 B7 many thanks Rich