missing under acceleration

mckenzie

Hello all, I'm a new member & need some advice, I have a A4 2.0 diesel auto, just recently the engine has started to miss under acceleration, feels like its hunting, normal driving is fine its just when I accelerate hard, around the 3k rev mark, has anyone any ideas what the problem could be? if its something I can fix that would be great, I don't fancy putting it in to the garage unless I really have to, thanks in advance......Mac

Hello, thanks for your reply, I put the car into my local garage yesterday & had it serviced, what they found was the fuel filter blocked, it was changed last year, all I can put it down to is the wife running the fuel level down, when I got in the car the other day I had 10mls left showing on dash so had to go & fill it up, this has happened a few times, so lesson learnt, don't leave it to wife to put fuel in, anyway cars running great now, pleasure to drive again, once again thanks for you reply. 

• 4 months later...