Tyre recommendation ?

getoiu

Hi, folks. 

It's my servicing time and I'm also browsing for new tyres. 

What are people running ? Can you recommend a good summer tyre with excellent wet performance rating 

and most comfortable solution ? 

I'm currently with Michelin Primacy 3 225/50 17 and I don't like them. Even more I almsost feel every little stone on the road .. lol

Am I right to think that Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is a good and soft tyre ? 

Also now 50 % sidewall look a kind of dull to me, but would I go wrong if I choose 55 or 60 sidewall rating ? 

I have just replaced my tyres and got the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 tyres (254/40 18 r97y).  Used www.backcircles.com to find best price.  At £110 each they were £20 cheaper than ATS and KwikFit.  They had the best reviews for wet and dry performance and also dbA and comfort. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Goodyear Eagle F1's on my A4 3.0TDI they were 255/35/R19 as for performance wise couldn't fault them and they seemed more comfortable than the Bridgestones i had on before and the Dunlop sport maxx I'm currently running

Michelin make their new CrossClimate in your size which is a really good tire, if you like the idea of having a tyre that also works really well in the winter not just the summer?

• 2 months later...

Hi

i had a A4 B7 2006 on 18" wheels 235/40/18, I had Avon ZZ5's and Hankook Evo Ventos 2, both very good rated for db, grip and fuel.  Both very good and black circles gave a better price than othe tyre fitters