A3 2.0T FSI high pressure fuel pump bleeding- confused!

waj786

Hi All,

I've brought an A3 2.0 TFSI on a 2005 and I'm looking to replace the Cam follower for the fuel pump for peace of mind. After looking at countless guides and videos I can one of the first steps is to bleed the fuel pump...However I don't see a bleed point on the one on my car...can anyone help?

The first picture is my car ( no bleed point), the second is a generic picture of what most peoples fuel pumps look like with a bleed nipple.thumbnail_IMG_0570.jpg

P1030697.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

In this instance, I would suggest removing the fuel pump fuse with the engine running and then turn over a few times to burn off any remaining fuel. Switch the ignition off & disconnect the battery. Allow the engine to cool before disconnecting any fuel lines. The fuel pump should then be depressurised enough to crack loose any fuel supply pipes and unions.

Always remember to have suitable Fire precautions in place (extinguisher, etc) and no sources of ignition before working on fuel systems and work at your own risk.

Here is a useful article to follow;   http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/changing-hpfp-cam-follower-on-s3-8p.138827/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...