New A6 advice

bylica

I am planning a purchase of 2014 a6 i am between S-line or Black edition found one for 23k with 27 k miles on it which is not bad , but then i found 

some pupil in reviews stating that ride is not comfortable with 20.5 alloys wheels on uk roads on longer distances , is that true ? what your experience with 

black edition , any owners ? i could just stick to s-line but tinted windows and 20.5 inch wheels looks awesome on A6 :) Any help very appreciated 

Hi bylica

I have an A6 Black Edition Avant Biturbo. Great car. I agree with you about the looks!

Probably not a lot of help for you as I have air suspension. With this the ride is fine. Previously I had an A6 with 17" wheels, and one of the differences between the two is that the steering is just a little bit meatier at speed, and for me that is worth having.

Good hunting.

My first audi was a used 2010 a6 s-line avant with 20" wheels. The ride was terrible. I could literally feel every stone in the tarmac. Fortunately this car had other more critical issues and I've managed to change it to newer SE saloon. Since then I've never looked back on bigger wheels again. If comfortable ride is more important to you than high speed cornering performance then you should go for 18" rims. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

• 2 months later...

I have 18 inch wheels on my Allroad- salesman who collected me fm Liverpool airport to collect the car had an all black A6 on 20 inch rims- felt every bump on the poor roads of liverpool in that car

Honest John of the DT also recommends avoiding the 20 inchers unless your spouse is a Phsiotherapist!