warning lights ABS and traction control

brian

Hi folks wondered if you could help me with a problem .ABS light is on and Esp light is on i should say ive had this problem before and it turned out to be the brake light switch under the pedal that had to be replaced . Just in the last day or so ive had the rear pads done on the car if that has anything to do with it im not sure. Sometimes when i stop the car and restart the car the lights stay out and reappear when i next start the car .its annoying but there doesnt seem to be any prob driving the car other than id imagine traction control and ABS are off ....any advice appreciated ..Regards Brian 

HI Brian...welcome to the Forum!

I would say that the problem may be when they replaced the pads, maybe the sensor or lead got trapped, disconnected, damaged?

If the problem comes back as soon as the ignition is switched on then the sensor resistance is being measured and coming up with not present within the circuit...e.g. open circuit.

Worth checking that for a start.  Let us know how you get on.

Regards,  Trevor - Admin

Thanks Trevor for getting back to me. ill have that checked out.I know that the sensor on the front was disconnected   for a problem before i got the car .Would there be a separate sensor for the back? I just wasnt sure if it was one sensor fits all so to speak and the light would come on if there was a prob with any of the pads

regards Brian