Hi guys!

nick_s

Morning all!

I'm joining up as I purchased my first Audi yesterday from a local garage.  It's a 2005 A4 Cab, with the 3.0L V6 and a manual box.  I'll be grabbing plenty of photos when I pick it up (it's currently awaiting a service and whatnot as part of the sale package).  It's a bit lovely I must say.  I've attached a shot that the dealer took for a bit of a heads up :)

A bit about me, I'm 34, I work in IT, I love detailing, traditional wet shaving, Fender Stratocasters, my family, dogs, good beer and photography.

Thanks guys, speak soon!

Nick

8306440.jpg

Thanks Trevor :)

It's like waiting for Christmas at the moment, knowing it's coming but not able to enjoy it yet.  The weather is currently sunny, how long for however is another matter :D

• Like 1

Day 3 of Audi ownership and it's gone and Vorsprung an emissions light!  She's back at the garage awaiting diagnostics in the morning.  Thankfully it came with warranty, it had better be done under it or I shall be one unhappy person :)

Oh dear...not good but at least it's only a few days in so they would almost certainly be obligated to sort it free of charge.

Hope it's not left too much of a sour taste at this early stage of Audi ownership?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Oh dear...not good but at least it's only a few days in so they would almost certainly be obligated to sort it free of charge.

Hope it's not left too much of a sour taste at this early stage of Audi ownership?

To be fair, I phoned the garage and they said to bring it down and they'd sort it out.  It has warranty so should definitely be covered...if not I will fight it with the warranty company.  

As for bitter taste, not really.  It is a second hand car, I fully expect them to not be perfect and come with issues.  My last car (Honda Prelude) I had four days and it completely failed (bad earth caused distributor to fail, on top of that, the car lost all its ECU codes).  Here's hoping this is a quicker fix :D  I did wonder if it is fuel related.  I've always used super unleaded (more specifically Tesco Momentum 99RON) as I've always found my cars run better on it.  If it does come back fuel related, I'll have to find a different fuel station with super.  Near me there is only Esso (3 garages within a mile) and they all artificially keep their prices higher.  Might have to find a Shell for some V-Power :)

• Like 1

OK, so she's back.  Code showed lambda probe apparently, either way, it's no longer present and drives fine.  They have said that they will honour any problems and deal with all the warranty side of things their side so happy days there :)