Audi owner....almost

Harmonica

Hi Audi owners club! 

I'm in the market for a used Audi A4 Avant and have been to see 4 today. I'm not really car savvy so took a friend with me, I've found one I like but could do with some expert tips and knowledge about what to look out for. The model I test drove was a 2007 Audi A4 AVANT 2.0 TDI SE 5dr. It looks very tidy bar a slight panel misalignment and a small bit of paint that needs touching up. The ride was smooth and we didn't notice any blue smoke. It's done 117,000 miles and appears to have good service history. It's on for £4,475 but I've got him down to £4000 with part/xing my wife's Hyundai Getz. 

Does this sound reasonable and is there anything else I should know?

many thanks for reading this and hopefully I will be a fully fledged Audi owner by the end of the week!

Dean

Hi Dean...welcome to the Club!

It doesn't sound too bad as it has service history and if it seems to be looked after quite well, the mileage is not bad for a diesel and they tend to go on for a lot more miles than than, so sounds quite good overall.

Looking forward to seeing piccies of the car when you get it

Cheers   Trevor

Hi all

So I'm officially an Audi owner! (Photos to follow) It's a 2007 A4 avant 2.0 TDI. Car seems great, however this evening the hazard light stayed on after turning the engine off and removing the key. The car also beeped intermittently on the journey back but there was no indication as to why.

Has anyone experienced anything like that?

many thanks