Run Flats

WPAWS

When time comes to replace my tyres what do you suggest stick with what i have at the moment Run Flats or just get normal tyres on my car, i have been looking and the run flats do seem expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

I would consider running normal tyres and ensure you have an emergency kit to inflate if punctured.  

Alternatively, you could try running Slime in the tyres, prevents punctures in the first place.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Car is not going to be clocking up loads of miles so i`m thinking of just replacing the run flats with mid range tyres for now as the high performance tyres are a bit out of my budget at this silly time of the year with xmas.

• Like 1

Hello Paul,

One consideration not mentioned is that of ride comfort vs. handling. It sounds as if your car was built/bought for road handling rather than the ride comfort. Run flat tyres are inherently firmer since they have reinforced side walls capable of withstanding loads under deflated conditions. I would recommend non run- flat tyres for 'normal ' cars, but for yours , you might wish to consider the possible effect of handling if you do move away from fun flats. 

Not sure if this helps, but at least it might introduce more debate before you decide.

Kind regards,

Gareth

• Like 2