DRL's

Steve1

Got my eye on an nice black A1 1.6 diesel 5 door for the  wife.

Nice spec but standard halogen head lights.

Can any one tell me what  type of buld is used for the drl's as they are a standard  halogen one and would like to put some led upgrades in it if i make a purchase.Possibly some Ring premium 's ,as i was impressed with the H11 ones i put in my A4 front fogs.

Thanks Trevor.

Looking into it in more detail i think they are a 582 bulb,a 21watt version  of the 5 watt 501 which is just about in every car,a common bulb indeed.

Can conferm this after i pick thd car up next week.

Will up date then .

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked the A1 up great car.

The Drl bulb is a 380 wedge,it looks like a standard 501 side light bulb but 10 times the size,in the owners manual it calls the bulb a W21W.

Apparently vauxhall use the twin element version in there cars because they are simply not good enough to suss out a voltage drop from drl to side light

Ike in th A1's.

Through the day when no lights are on the switch for the lights is illuminated and also the heater control dials,heated rear window  and esp buttons,

Can any one tell me if this is standard, may be the light switch yes but the dial not so sure.