Buying Advice

Antabb

Hi, I'm literally on the verge of buying a 2012 FWD multitronic with 30k miles but I've just been reading pages and pages of multitronic horror stories on different forums and now I'm worried.

All the complaints I've read seem to refer to older cars so I'm hoping this is a thing of the past and I've nothing to worry about??

Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you in advance.

Hi Anthony...welcome to the Forum

I believe that Audi has now sorted their transmissions issues and are now quite reliable and efficient.

I would, however, ensure that the servicing has been done correctly including transmission fluid and filter changes as this will ensure long life.

Keep us updated on how it all goes with the purchase.

Cheers   Trevor

Hello Anthony,

On a much simpler tack to Trevor's very sound advice and experience, I would strongly recommend talking with the last registered keeper. Basic, but more often than not overlooked as the best source of information and experience with the particular vehicle you are intending to buy.

For me, it would be - don't buy without doing this. 

Good luck with whatever you decide,

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

Thank you for the very sound advice, I'm going to test drive the car today and I'll try get the previous owners contact details off the dealer. I've done my research and think I know what to look out for.

I will let you know how it goes.

• Like 1