Hello all

dan_avant170

Just a quick hello to you all. This is my first audi. Ive got the b7 avant 170 tdi sline. Loving it at the moment just need to start looking into modding it abit soon tho as the itch is there. Any mods please give me advice and ideas. 

Thanks

dan

Hi Dan

Welcome to the forum!

Great car choice for your first Audi, I'd say when it comes to modding lowering it would make it look very nice, new alloys ect :)

how crazy do you want to go with the modding? boy racer or subtle? 

Regards

Bradley

• Like 1

Thanks all for the welcome

well ive been looking into lowering it but unsure on what route to go down. Looked at springs, coilovers and even air ride. What set ups are people using? 

As for modding i like little details mainly. Looking into wheels and thinking 19's to fill the arches out. What exhausts are people using? Also i had a bora tdi amd i removed the backbox to get the owl sound. Does it work on the 170's? 

Dan

Hi Dan

I haven't yet got down to doing my set up (lowering) but i was going for coilovers as they give a good low but not really low depending on what ones you go for and the 19 inch wheels would look very nice! what colour? also I have a stock twin down pipe but If i was to get a aftermarket exhaust I don't know how it would sound, but on yours an aftermarket would sound really nice!, thought of a decat? 

I can imagine it would work on your B7 ;)

Regards

Bradley

• Like 1

I was looking at coilovers mainly just unsure what to go for. On my bora i used AP's and they where good but used eBay specials in the past and not alot of difference if im honest  is there any issues when lowering the A4's? And roll bar problem and chassie notches needed? 

Still toying with wheels at the monemt tho as i cant decide on what to go for. Ive still got my 18inch off my bora there bbs rsii splits but wrong fitment and think too small. My bora was blue and as low as can be on coilovers haha. 

I might look into removing the back boxes then. Will the cat throw lights up on the dash? Also thought about the DPF and a remap aswel but not sure what the standard clutch will cope with. 

A couple of pics off the avant 😀

Dan

IMG_2116.PNG

IMG_2117.PNG

• Like 1

Only issues I have come across with "lowering" the A4 (through what others have said) is that the bull joints (around that area) can creak :s Don't believe you need much customization when doing coil overs but once again it's how low you go.

I like the wheels, could get them resprayed? cheaper than buying a new set of wheels? and the cat warning light I'm not sure but if it was to pop up  just buy a diag kit online to remove the warning light lol also I think you need to put the cat back on for an MOT.

Nice looking car btw ;D

Thats not too bad then im sure i could live with a few little noises altho the bose system drowns most things out haha. Looks like i will have to look into coilovers abit more. 

Not to bothered bout taking the cat off and putting back on its only a 5min job so easy enough. Ive got to get a new diagnostic kit as mine only works on cars upto 2003 i think haha. 

Did think about doing the wheels gun metal grey as the tryes are all really good. Or swap both sets haha

thanks i just need to put my own spin on it now so its mine haha

That's good then,  good old bose, mine doesn't have that but got a 1200w 650rms sub in the boot so I cant hear anything XD 

and cool not too bed about the Cat thing if you're not botherd,

Gunmetal grey does look nice!

This is my car (at the bottom)  I'm thinking gloss black.

I have 2 1200watt subs in my bora so was loud haha. Got to have a good sound system in a car 😀 

Just need to find a decat and that now haha. Ye i might do juat need the weather to get better so can get them off and spray them. 

Looks clean mate. I like that shape aswel and gloss black would look nice

wow! I'd like to have a twin sub at some point, and defiantly you do need a good one! 

Well when you find one and get it all installed do a video of the noise haha.

Cheers mate, yea I think gloss black will be best, when I get it done I will put some pictures up of it :)