New owner 1 question

Voodoo333

Hey there.

Just picked up my 16 plate A3 S line petrol, with 2000 on clock yesterday.  My first Audi just upgrade from a Ford and what can I say very impressed so far.

I am planning to do 6 monthly oil changes and yearly services.

I know that some of you guys have been driving audis for years,  so from your experience, are there any weak areas of the audi build I should keep an eye on?  Any parts I should regularly replace or service, that will save me heartache in the future. 

Prevention is better than cure :) 

Cheers, 

Jas

Hello Jas and welcome to Audi ownership.

I think your sentiments in regard to maintenance are sound, but it has to be appreciated that this car is virtually new and under warranty, and anything you do to it on a DIY basis -  even with the best of intentions - might just run the risk of invalidating that warranty, so beware of any over-kill.

As I understand it, you can opt for a longlife schedule or a normal service schedule, and depending on your normal journeys and driving style, the longlife service interval could run to near to 20K, and a longlife oil would be used. I think Quantum Longlife 3 (observing correct grade and spec.) is/was used by some main dealers.

If it were mine Jas, I might think about opting for a shorter service interval at the dealer and still insist on their Longlife oil being used for these more regular services. This would be a well intentioned belt and bracers approach. Whatever, I would be very careful about doing anything on a DIY basis until it's out of warranty. If you still feel you want to take the risk then I would advise at least buying the oil and filter from your local main dealer, and keeping the receipt.

Enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1