hello all

Hi all,

Just joined up and pleased to be here. As some would tell from my user name I have a long history with VAG. I currently have a new A4 1.4 TFSI, an 80 cabby that is fit for the bin ( will be scrapped soon unless I can find someone keen to take it on)聽and a golf campaign that is in bits around the garage. 馃榾

Previous cars have included a 100 S4 that was epic if rather pricey to run and various other veedubs.

Regards

GC

Hi Luke

Welcome to the forum!

Nice, what's the 1.4 engine like?聽

Hopefully someone buys the Caddy soon Luke! nice cars the S4 but yes indeed they are pricey lol

Regards

Bradley

Thanks for the welcome guys,

The 1.4 is a very impressive engine but one I would describe as 'interesting'. Day to day it's totally fine with a good turn of speed, but every now and then when you just want to boot it and go, you find it's not got much in reserve and you need to drop it a couple of gears to make it wake up. Having said that I've gone to it from a 3 series diesel so I have been used to having bucket-loads of torque on demand. Reverting to the smoothness and peace of a petrol is nice after the oil burner though so I'm not sure I would go back to diesel now. Oh and it's doing 45-50 mpg on a run so not bad at all. The A4 chassis and handling are really rather good for FWD with much of the聽Audi nose heavy feeling of old gone, and the interior is a very nice place to be; I guess that goes without saying round these parts!聽. All in all it's a very good way to get about and I have no regrets to date.

I do feel a bit guilty about the cabby - somehow life gets in the way of sorting it out, especially now one of the locking wheel bolts has seized itself into the hub preventing me from getting the wheel off. I kind of gave up in a huff and it's sat looking sad ever since. Add in shot lacquer down to offside and it's all looking rather terminal. 鈽癸笍

Cheers all,

Luke