A wee hi from Aberdeenshire

Dan3222

Morning all,

Have spent a good hour or two looking through posts and problems etc and I am pleasently surprised to see a high proportion of members joining for the love of the 4 circles and to look for cars etc rather than the typical new forum user, joining because they have a problem and need pointing in the right direction.

While I regret to say I found the forum because I do have a fault with my A6 (hiding head in hands !!) I am happy to join what looks like a great group of people

I have had a couple of Audi's over the years, A4 Avant 1.9tdi AFN, I totally rebuilt the engine in this as cylinder No.1 had piston slap. I flowed the head a little and port matched the manifold. It drove beautiful after that, constantly returning 65+MPG. Also Had a company s-line A3 2.0 TDI. Needed a new turbo at 65K.

However I am a complete VAG addict. Owning in the past MkII Scirocco (wish I never sold it), still own a Mk1 1.6 GTI and a MkIV 18t GTI. And I am currently on my second T5.

OK, so, I am going to post my issue with the A6 in a min but I would like to plead with other new users that have an issue with their motors to take the time to actually post the fix for their problems too. These forums are such a useful place to help people like me that enjoy fixing issues themselves and then helps others in the future. Hope that makes sense. It's obvious that the moderators and long term users reply to most posts and that is so nice to see.

Anyway, hello!!

Hi Dan...welcome to the Forum

Good to have you onboard and nice to see someone likes the VAG brand to an almost fanatical level :yes:

Will have a look at your questions in the A6 section in a short while, and hopefully, someone on here can help you or point you in the right direction for the solution.

Totally agree with your statement that it would be nice if everyone came back and updated with the solution or rectification to the problem, but unfortunately, this is something we struggle to achieve (probably the same for most other forums).

Cheers  Trevor

Hi Dan, welcome to the club! :) 

i too am a newbie but have found people and modorators helpful and friendly :) 

hope you manage to get the answer to your questions :) 

cheers 

Steve 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2017 at 10:13 PM, Dan3222 said:

Cheers Mr Q.

it def has a good feel to the forum.

Dan

Glad your pleased to have joined :) 

we are currently looking for people to display their car at audis in the park on Sunday 13th August at Deenes park in Corby Northamptonshire.  We have 3 members displaying their cars so far, is it something you'd be interested in doing? 

Cheers 

Steve

Hey Steve.

i would have actually enjoyed doing this but reality is it's over 500 miles away from where I am. Are there ever any meets/events further North at all. If so I would definitely be game.

KR

Dan

No worries Dan, I appreciate it's along way for you to travel. If you come across any events out your way than feel free to share it. We will be more than happy to rally some members as I know there are other members in Scotland :)

cheers

Steve

As I am originally from Yorkshire I am often down the road but more often in the T5 (2 kids and 2 dogs...........) However, if there are any other meets slightly closer to Yorkshire I would definately be interested.

Would also force me to have the Vinyl wrap issues sorted!! Lol

No worries Dan! 

I'm always on the lookout for new events. Once I've found one il post it. Alternatively if you find an event than by all means let us know and we will try and attend :) 

Oh and don't forget to add some pics of your t5 in the "what else do you ride/drive" section :) 

cheers 

Steve 

• Like 1