New to Audi - A5 2012 SE Quattro - Headlights and Wheels

salmanhamid

Hi all 

First of all plenty of apologies if I post this in the wrong section as I am just a proud owner of my first ever Audi and don't know much about it.

I have bought an A5 2012 SE Quattro 3.0 yesterday and looking for some improvements as far as looks are a concern, I originally wanted an S-Line but couldn't find one decent in my budget. 

1. Car has standard headlights (see attached), hate the yellow light, what can we do to change that to white/blue'ish without putting HID kit?

2. Currently, I have 17-inch standard wheels, I want to go as big as possible ideally 20s but can we have a staggered look on 20 or all tyres have to be the same size, if so what tyre sizes are recommended and will they look too big with SE suspension? if so I am happy to stick to 19 but can we have a staggered setting with 19, again what is the widest we can go on rears? 

Many thanks in advance for your help and any other bits of advice you may have for mods?

WhatsApp Image 2017-06-06 at 5.34.17 PM.jpeg

Welcome to the forum mate. What a stunning car you have bought. My favourite TBH.

Osram do a new build called the night breaker. They are a H1 build which I believe is the correct fitting for your light units. I have ordered a set of these for my van to try. They have good reviews though.

I would be cautious about putting bigger wheel tyre combinations on front and rear axle because you have a Quattro. I really would recommend keeping things the same. I think you can go to 22" wheels with your car, I have certainly seen one A5 with them. But 19-20 look the best in my opinion, each to there own though I guess.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Salman :) 

you'll find the members are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Dans right, you do need to be careful with what wheels/tyres you fit as you can damage the Quattro system. This even includes keeping the tyre wear even too. 

Cheers

steve