Problems with my car please help

badayuni83

I purchased a b8 2.0 tdi manual from what Ithought was a reputable dealer. I have had the car a few months and I am slowly starting to notice certain things that don't seem right. I would be so grateful if anyone could tell me what my problems are

The car is 1 owner from new with 62k miles full Audi service history 2.0 tdi manual 2010 year

Problem 1

If the car is stationary and in neutral if i push the clutch in and release it slowly as if I am in gear setting off the rev counter moves as if it thinks I need the biting point but I am in neutral. If I release the clutch the rev return to normal but there is a delay

I also noticed that sometimes the clutch squeaks when being pressed. Not sure of this is anything to do with the problem.

Problem 2

When the engine is underload high gear low speed I can hear an awful rattle sounds like the exhaust. Nothing is loose I have been told that the baffles inside the backbox have collapsed is this a possibility or a more serious problem?

Problem 3

When i accelerate sharply I can hear a whistling noise from the engine only occurs under sharp acceleration in high revs

Problem 4

Occasionally the idle speed is 1000 rpm then after sometime returns to normal. Not sure is this is related to the clutch issues I mentioned

Problem 5

Terrible fuel economy. Getting 26mpg around town 

Can someone tell me what diagnosis there is and how to solve these issues 

Welcome to the forum Moin, sorry to hear your having issues with your Audi. 

Youll find the members on here are a friendly bunch and will help you where they can :) 

i cant help with all problems I'm afraid but problem 3, the whistle at high revs could be the turbo. There could be a gasket loose or pipes leaking. Worst case scenario if it is turbo related is a new turbo maybe required. 

Sorry I can't help more. 

Cheers

steve 

Hmm, I'm unsure to be honest. Hopefully some of the more experienced members will be able to advise. 

Without sounding stupid what issue was highlighted in the first video? 

Cheers

steve