A4 CABRIO 2.0 TFSI 2007 B7

DaveWirral

Hello Dave,

Apologies in advance for the unhelpful content of this reply, but as nice and appealing it might be to fit 'non-standard?' wheels, the unfortunate reality is that it could affect your insurance premium. Maybe not, but probably might, and at least you would be wise to take advice from your insurers, before committing yourself to buying any alternative wheels. Such things can be ignored, but you take a risk, and the risk could just result in the your insurance being invalidated. 

On a positive note, you could look at period brochures (or contact Audi) - not sure what year your car is - and check what alternative wheel sizes were offered when the car was new. If 19 inch turned out to be listed, then things become a lot brighter, and if you retain this official information, then I would see no need to let your insurers know. Of course, you would then need to find a set of these original Audi alternatives. I guess aftermarket 19 inch alternatives would certainly dictate you having a need to inform your insurers. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

I would say 19" wheels would be maximum on the a4 without modifying the arches. You just need to be careful of the width of the wheel. As the wheel can catch on the arches or suspension components.

You may need spacers to make different wheels fit properly. The spacers go between the hub and the wheel. 

Also make sure the wheel has the same stud pattern as yours (not just 5 but the width of the studs and space between each stud are the same. If that makes sense.

Oh and make sure the centre hole is the same size. 

I think you'd be better with 18" wheels as this should cause you less of a headache for fitting as Audi would have fitted 18" wheels as standard in some cases. 19" was for the rs4, s4, s6, rs6 I believe. 

Hope iv helped 

cheers 

Steve :)