Air con trouble

james.grayston

Welcome to the forum James :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly bunch and will help you where they can :) 

i would suspect at 4 years old your car is due an air con regas or service. This should be done ever 2-3 years as the air con looses gas over time. A regas  should cost around £35 and a full service should be around £60. 

On a full service they'll check for leaks and change the filter.

cheers

steve

Hi James 

ive just had my Audi serviced and my air con stopped working last week so I asked the garage to do a regas, it was low so the mechanic topped it up and it help pressure  but was still not blowing out ice cold. The garage is doing a free diagnostics on it next week but he said it's a common fault the the conpressor goes which I've been warned is not cheap. Will let you know what they find

Welcome to the forum James :) 

sorry to hear your having issues, but you'll find members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

your right compressors sent cheap! For my old a6 the repair would be around £1000! 

The only other thing that could be wrong is that the heater panel is stuck on warm despite you turning the knob to cold if that makes sense. 

Cheers

steve