Remap

Dan 1987

Hi guys. Have any of you had your Audi remapped. If so, did you have to upgrade clutch or any other components to be able to withstand the extra power the car would throw out? Thanks

Hey Dan, 

I'm assuming your car is currently standard? 

If so and your going for a stage 1 remap then the Tuner will customise the map to suit your car. They do this as each car is different due to age, mileage and the way it's driven. If tou combine the map with a sports exhaust and induction kit the standard clutch will still be fine :) 

if you were going for mega power then you would have to get an updated clutch and even an updated turbo. 

Hope iv helped :) 

cheers

steve 

• Like 1

Thanks Steve. Yeah im assuming it's a stage one remap. My car is currently running at 138hp, this will increase to 185hp with a remap. Just wasn't too sure with all the extra power. Thanks for advice pal

21 minutes ago, Dan 1987 said:

Thanks Steve. Yeah im assuming it's a stage one remap. My car is currently running at 138hp, this will increase to 185hp with a remap. Just wasn't too sure with all the extra power. Thanks for advice pal

Your most welcome, glad I could help :) 

like I say the Tuner should tailor the map according to your car and your requirements :) 

cheers

steve

• 3 months later...

Just had mine remapped from 236bhp to 291bhp, I'm not the fastest driver in the world but I'm loving the improved throttle response:-)7

I seem to have the bug for spending money though as it's booked in for lowering springs next Wednesday!

• Like 1

Hi guys, I also have a question regarding remap. Mine is now stock 2.0 tdi 138 (or 134?) bhp, thinking about stage 1 remap. My fuel consumption is critical for me as I am moving and soon will be doing 115 miles daily. After stage 1 remap will my fuel consumption increase? 

There is also another option to go for economy remap, it promises to improve both power and fuel economy. Has anyone done this? Is it worth it?

Thanks

Hi Shukhrat

I had a remap about 6 weeks ago. It took my car from 170 Bhp to about 200Bhp.  I have noticed a difference in fuel consumption purely due to the improved throttle response. When overtaking I do make the most of the improvement and the fuel does get affected. generally I get about 45-47 mpg on a run. About 50 before the remap and when I had my 140 Bhp A3 I would get about 55mpg. Best I have had so far is 52 mpg and that was being careful.  If mpg is your main driver, and doing 115 miles per day it probably would be, then I would save about £200 and not get it done.

My remap was a stock remap which definitely improved the power but slightly affected the fuel consumption (possibly due to still enjoying the difference in power).

I cannot speak for an economy remap as I have no experience of one.

Hope this is of help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan,Just had my 2012 2.0 134 TDI mapped now 185 by Zensport Essex.

I don't drive mine slow but not mad and cover over 1000 miles a week just to work. I used to get around 570 - 590 a tank using cheap super market diesel.

After mapping and using Shell ( more expensive ) and driving the same It looks like I'm loosing about 35 - 50 miles per tank.

The mapping has totally change the car on throttle response smoothness and get up and go, but most of all you can drive it like it was petrol car ! gear changing, excellaration etc

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...