S6 brakes

Steve Q

Il need to change my discs and pads soon. Does anyone know if s6 brakes fit the standard Audi A6? 

I'm assuming they aren't as big as the rs6's brakes. 

And can they be fitted behind the standard 16" completion alloys? 

And finally do I need to change the callipers? 

Cheers

steve

Hi Mr Q,

I suggest best thing to do would be to measure the discs you have on already and then measure clearance from outer edge of disc to inner edge of calliper. So if you have 300mm discs but there is 12mm to calliper edge then you could just squeeze in 320mm discs. ( totally fabricated those figures for example purposes only) 

Dont forget to check PCD measurement is the same on the new discs. Also that the disc thickness does not increase on original discs. However, don't forget that to have increase in braking performance you need bigger pads too. Standard sized pads will still only have the same contact area as on a standard disc! If you want to improve braking performance easiest method is trying uprated pads like greenstuff for example.

If you do manage to source bigger discs that fit your standard callipers then a useful how to thread would be great,!?!

You know I have been tempted to fit a pair of Brembo 4 pots that I found in the boot of the Mk1V Golf I recently bought (genuinely found them in there!) but I just don't see the A6 needing them. I could also try fitting them to the T5 but again the brakes in standard form make the van stand on its nose as it is. I just prefer spending money on good tyres which actually allow you to get the best out of any braking system. I guess I really am getting old and boring!!

IMG_0437.JPG

Thanks for your reply Dan :) 

i guess il have to start to do some measuring! :) 

and yea I knew I would need to change the pads just didn't know if they'd fit in the original calipers. 

The a6 wheels are always shod in Bridgestones as that's what my dad has always used and recommended. He tried others but found the bridgestones to be the best on the a6. 

Like you, I see it pointless buying rubbish tyres. They wear out quicker plus the fact they effect handling and braking. Most people forget The tyres are the only thing keeping you on the road. 

Thanks again :)