What to buy

Steverambo

Good morning all just signed up as we are looking for our first audi and would prefer the a8 4.2 in black and wanted it for towing as well as enjoying the drive our budget is up to 10 grand was wondering if any members have had experience of towing and what to look out for when we go hunting for our first audi a8

Thanks from steve

20 minutes ago, Steverambo said:

Good morning all just signed up as we are looking for our first audi and would prefer the a8 4.2 in black and wanted it for towing as well as enjoying the drive our budget is up to 10 grand was wondering if any members have had experience of towing and what to look out for when we go hunting for our first audi a8

Thanks from steve

Welcome to the forum Steve! :) 

good choice on Audi, the a8 is awesome! :) 

for your budget you'd be looking at a 2005-2010 mode I would say.

Make sure everything works! There are a lot of electrical components on an a8 and they can be very expensive to fix! 

Obviously check the service history and ideally this should be full. If it has a full Audi service history then you can ring them to find out what work has been done. 

Also ask the seller if you can get an independent vehicle inspection carried out. Companies such as the AA and RAC offer this service. If the seller is reluctant or refuses then they or the car may have something to hide.

When on a test drive make sure the automatic gearbox changes gears smoothly both in auto mode and manual mode. As any problems can and will be expensive. 

Also check the condition of the bodywork and check for signs as crash damage. I ask this as the a8 body is made up of a high proportion of aluminium. This can be hard to fix if damage. 

Hope iv helped 

cheers :)

steve 

Thanks for that will keep you posted when i get nearer to obtaining my first audi a8 4.2 am on a year out from work in my homemade campervan in scotland at moment not in a mad rush to buy so can take my time to shop around and get savy with what to look for will prob be buying around october ish so plenty of time cheers from steve.

Not a problem steve, glad I could help :) 

better not to rush expensive decisions. 

The camper sounds good! What van did you use as a base vehicle? 

Have you got any pics? 

Cheers

steve

5 minutes ago, Steverambo said:

Bought an old school minibus renault master 2001 

With a 2.5 iveco engine non turbo bullet proof engine still only done 108000 miles

20170714_112610.jpg

Nice one! Looks great :) 

what did you use for the inside?