B7 Cabrio boot latch wiring diagram

pompeyal

Hi Magnet, I have followed each of the wires from their plugs ( Barrel, Actuator, Latch and Lift button ) right back until they go into the main bound loom at the rear N/S wheel arch, I would like to know where the red/yellow wire terminates as this is the one that is showing a short. All of the micro switches are correctly functioning and the actuator works correctly. I have removed all of the connectors from the switches and actuator and checked with a meter all of the cables to earth, all of the brown cables read short to earth which is correct along with the red/yellow which shows short to earth which is not correct, the remaining cables are open circuit which is correct.

OK Alan. I really can't point you in any other direction apart from the one most troublesome point for boot electrics issues, so I guess that's me done.

As a matter of interest, I've  just Googled "Audi A4 cabriolet boot lock wiring diagram" and came up with a few examples on there - some with the colour codes as well, but I guess you've been there.

Good luck,

Gareth.

Thanks Paul,

What the heck is a URL!? - no don't tell me, I'm just too old! When I first started working the technology to drive a now simple pocket calculator would have taken a 12ft. X 12ft room with computer hardware in cabinets from floor to ceiling and 2ft deep. No room for URLs in there! 

Try Googling the exact search I mentioned and you will find it under Images. 

Good luck,

Gareth.