Bass speakers in A3?

I have the fabulous Bose system in my A3 & the clarity of sound at volume is brilliant.

It almost sounds like it has got a quality "boom box" in the back.

That's the question; does anyone know if there is big bass speaker or two in the rear? 

The book does not give much info on speakers or positions that I can see.

• Like 1

The Bose system in my Mazda 6 has a sub that fits into the spare wheel. My A6 has the excellent Bose system too but the Mazdas is far better. My guess (without searching for one) is that the Audi doesn't have one.

The Bose speakers themselves use air chambers to create the 'deep' sound you here. I wonder if they use better ones in the Audi therefore not needing the sub. But, as I say the Mazdas sound is superb. I can't even turn it above 12 because it starts to get too loud. (Goes up to 29 I think!!).

• Like 1

that's interesting, thanks for that.

As it's a cabrio which has the roof off at all times if not raining the sound system is turned up LOUD outside towns. :whistling1:

• Like 2

The Bose system in my Mazda 6 has a sub that fits into the spare wheel. My A6 has the excellent Bose system too but the Mazdas is far better. My guess (without searching for one) is that the Audi doesn't have one.

The Bose speakers themselves use air chambers to create the 'deep' sound you here. I wonder if they use better ones in the Audi therefore not needing the sub. But, as I say the Mazdas sound is superb. I can't even turn it above 12 because it starts to get too loud. (Goes up to 29 I think!!).

:yahoo:lol, I pleased you live far away from me then.

I have a photo somewhere of the speakers taken from an Audi, if I can find it I will post it up for you. The speakers look quite unusual to say the least.

• Like 1

Hey Joe I know the Bose system on offer for Audis of my cars era had a subwoofer. So I would imagine the system would be similar. In my experience Audi like to keep things well hidden. 

Have you checked any side compartments or behind the rear seat? 

Cheers

steve

• Like 1