Audi Mobile Entertainment

CombTech

Hi, hope someone is able to help, I have recently purchased an approved pre-owned Audi Q7 e-Tron. On the spec of the car, it clearly states that it has Audi Mobile Entertainment - 9WQ. All Audi documentation states that the 2 10.1 inch screens are included...

Audi Entertainment Mobile. Includes two detachable high definition 10.1” touch screens fitted to the back of the front seats (supplied by Audi Genuine Accessories*). The backs of the front seats are fitted with mountings and power connections. The system can be used outside the car with rechargeable battery, which is included in the package. Content is either streamed from your iOS (iPhone) or Android (Samsung, HTC, Sony etc) smartphone via an Audi App, via an integrated SD card reader, USB cable, Miracast Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Includes two sets of headphones, USB cable and storage bag. 

*Screens must be ordered by your Audi Centre via Audi Genuine Accessories. 

However, they (Oxford Audi) are saying that the screens are not included with the spec 9WQ...

Has anybody purchased this option that could provide a confirmation of the process and whether the screens were included as per the sales price list?

Thank you...

Hi Colin....welcome to the Forum

If you can show them documentation relating to the specific model stating that the screens are included then I'm sure they'll budge on their decision....as it is, the screens (aftermarket) are cheap enough for them to include in the deal

Let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers,  Trevor

Hi Trevor

Thanks for the welcome and reply, the problem is I have involved Audi UK as well as the Business Manager within Oxford Audi and both are saying they (the screens) are not included, and although on the spec of the car, they (the screens) didn't come with the car.

I have pointed out that according to the paperwork the screens need to be ordered by the Audi Centre and placed in the car. Still falling on deaf ears...

I have bought 2 x Audi screens from Preston Audi who just happened to have 2 screens available, just wondering whether it's standard practice for dealers to load demonstration cars up with accessories and then sell the cars without including the accessories???

• Like 1

I have heard of that happening and that's where it pays to say at the time of the deal that it has to all be included....happened to a friend of mine with a Lexus and he winged and got the accessories it was demonstrated with (mats, mudflaps, etc)

• 3 weeks later...

The dealership has admitted that the screens and headphones should have been with the car as they specified. I have been refunded in full for purchasing 2 screens and 2 sets of headphones. It took a while but all came good in the end.

• Like 1