Hello, a new user here, am hoping someone can give me some advice, I recently ordered a new A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSI 190 Bhp, however due to an ordering mix up they are delivering the 252 Bhp version (also non Quattro).

This does not seem to have an effect on tax or insurance, and fuel consumption is marginal (who believes those numbers anyway). Does anyone have any thoughts on why I would reject the order and start again. They are offering the car at the 190 Bhp price. I am low mileage, mostly city driving and rarely go above any speed limits so not looking for high performance. Should I be  concerned about higher maintenance, servicing, parts costs, reliability or anything else??

Thanks, appreciate any comments  

Welcome to the forum David :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

i have to agree with Paul and if it were me I'd take the higher powered model :) especially as it doesn't effect insurance or tax! 

Plus it will make it more desirable when you come to sell it on ( I know that sounds a daft thing to think about before you've collected it). But it should be taken into consideration. 

Also let's face it you'll be waiting another 3 months at least for your car to be built again! 

Also id have a look on the Audi configurator and see what the price difference is between the 2 engines. 

Keep us posted on how you get on :) 

cheers

steve

• Like 1

Cheers Paul, Steve and Niedzial, I guess the general consensus is more power is good and especially when free :)

Steve, you are right, it is a friendly bunch of petrol heads here.

And sounds like I should take my concerns about extra maintenance costs and reliability to the 'bean counters' forum...

80% sure I will be accepting the upgrade, definitely don't want to wait another 3 to 4 months and can always have the extra Bhp in reserve should I ever feel the need.

Cheers 

14 minutes ago, David O'B said:

Cheers Paul, Steve and Niedzial, I guess the general consensus is more power is good and especially when free :)

Steve, you are right, it is a friendly bunch of petrol heads here.

And sounds like I should take my concerns about extra maintenance costs and reliability to the 'bean counters' forum...

80% sure I will be accepting the upgrade, definitely don't want to wait another 3 to 4 months and can always have the extra Bhp in reserve should I ever feel the need.

Cheers 

Your most welcome :) 

glad I could help :) feel free to look any of the up and coming shows. Your more than welcome to display your a5 on the club display :)