CarPlay

Buck

Hi guys, I'm new to forum and to audi. I'm having a problem connecting my iPhone to the CarPlay. Bluetooth is fine but can't set it up as a iPod to play music. Anyone have any ideas? 

Hi Buck

welcome to the clan; good fun in an Audi isn't it? :yes: 

I had the same problem. my ipod is little old 4Gb. would not connect so now I plug it in via the aux in by the handbrake. locate it with the cd button.

works perfectly. Only downside is it had to be charged first or connected to a usb for power.

that's my experience anyway, someone may be along with a better option.

Welcome to the forum Andrew :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

joe is right, your best bet is plugging it into the aux socket. 

Cheers

steve :) 

56 minutes ago, Joe Cott said:

Hi Buck

welcome to the clan; good fun in an Audi isn't it? :yes: 

I had the same problem. my ipod is little old 4Gb. would not connect so now I plug it in via the aux in by the handbrake. locate it with the cd button.

works perfectly. Only downside is it had to be charged first or connected to a usb for power.

that's my experience anyway, someone may be along with a better option.

Hi joe/ Steve thanks for the advice, and yes it's a brilliant car to drive love it. 

And ive had a look and I can't find a aux or USB. I have mmi in the clove box and 12v plug in in the arm rest. 

3 minutes ago, Buck said:

Hi joe/ Steve thanks for the advice, and yes it's a brilliant car to drive love it. 

And ive had a look and I can't find a aux or USB. I have mmi in the clove box and 12v plug in in the arm rest. 

Hmm it should be either near the handbrake, the armrest or centre console. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Hmm it should be either near the handbrake, the armrest or centre console. 

Oh I'll have another look but I couldn't see one anywhere. Cheers I'll let ya know

just spoke to a pal who has an A6 & his is underneath the armrest & awkward to get at, at least for him as an old unbending wrinkly like wot I am :-)

5 minutes ago, Joe Cott said:

just spoke to a pal who has an A6 & his is underneath the armrest & awkward to get at, at least for him as an old unbending wrinkly like wot I am :-)

Had a look and still can't find one anywhere :( 

We attend some Audi and German car shows around the country, and also there are some regional meetings starting up with one in the South being the first.

If you're interested in setting up one in your area, let us know and we can assist with setting it up.