B8 tdi 143 whine after timing belt change

B8sline143

Hello Peter, 

Many thanks for your interest. 

Unfortunately, if you study this forum - in isolation - I think you will conclude that this lack of response and feedback is not at all unusual, and dare I say, is normal! 

It’s a sad state of affairs, but posters can appear on here, and it would seem not even revisit the forum to view any help offered, leave alone be bothered to update the forum on their progress or lack of it.

Is this forum worse than others in this respect? I’m my (limited to 4 other forums) experience, this one does not rank well in that respect. Not pleasing to report, and based on rather a small sample, but suffice it to say, it could be a lot better. Having said that, no doubt there are forums which are much worse than this one in that respect. 

This medium of communication is such an asset, but it is open to abuse from folks who might not have anything better to do for a brief window in their life - so, why not stick something on that forum!? 

Perhaps someone needs to do some stats. and come up with some figures on average length of activity on the forum, and feedback on issued raised. Should be interesting. 

Anyway Peter, as we say, many thanks again for your interest. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.