Maybe defecting from the Bavarian Side

Kems

Morning all

I am very close to buying a 2012 A7 3.0 TDI (245 PS).  I have been residing in the Bavarian camp for many years and currently have a 535 GT.  I've always liked the A7 and am now very seriously thinking of putting a deposit down on one at a Audi dealer.  Has anyone made a similar move that could share any wisdom?!

I've read an earlier post by a guy who asked about thinks to look out for in service history which was useful.   But are there any known issues with A7's that I need to be aware of.  Also, any information on any recalls would be appreciated.

I did want a Black one or Moonlight Blue.  I know Black is a nightmare to keep nice, but I am quite fastidious with my cars and keep them nice.  The one I am close to putting a deposit on is Daytona Grey.  Any thoughts?  It's got the spec that I want and more and the price is good.  One of the things I do like on the Audi is no run flats (I hate run flats).

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Mark

Morning Mark, I recently switched from a 2009 BMW X5 (3.0d) to a 2015 A7 3.0 TDI (272PS) and pretty happy with my choice. Had an issue with the cam chain tensioner which was replaced under warranty and seems to be an isolated issue. MPG bit lower than expected but get 42mpg on a drive from East Yorkshire to Heathrow, better than the X5. The engine growl and low slung ride position is nice and I think it is a nice car shape (though some may debate this) with wide rear haunches. The Beemers are probably more engaging to drive but to be honest in my day to day commute and odd long motorway haul the A7 is pretty darned nice. My car is white, but Daytona Grey would have been my preferred choice :))

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Mark :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

when I was working at a car supermarket I got to drive a mixture from both lakes and their varying models including the a7. 

For me I found the a7 to be a far nicer car both from the outside and inside compared to the bmws :) 

i would suspect the a7 should be more economical and have lower tax. Compared to the x5. 

Cheers

steve 

• Like 1