Central locking noise? Audi S5

Lethalw

Hi All,

i have recently bought an Audi S5 - 2014 15k miles only.

i have a noise underneath the car behind the driver seat. It can only be described a s a double click (just like unlocking your car by remote)  there is no pattern to it.

slowing down / changing gear auto and paddles, speeding up, braking....i have tried everything, nothing triggers it. it just happens randomly. it is so annoying i have to turn my music up!

audi have stripped the gearbox, carried out a 24 point check and haven't a clue as the car looks tip top! At £180 per hour i have had to pull the car out of there. they won't cover me themselves as the car is 2 months out of warranty (don't worry, they will pay for it by the time i am finished with them).

Anyone else ever had a noise like this?

• 1 month later...

just in case anybody is interested........

found out that the problem was the gearbox. Audi diagnosed it incorrectly as the Rear Diff and replaced a new Diff and gearbox.

as the car only has 14k miles on it, Audi didn't want me bad mouthing their Quattro system so they paid for it at a cost of £16k! :) 

Glad this got sorted Gary and deffo a bonus that it didn't cost you! :) 

I think you didn't get a response, not because people were rude but because I don't think people knew how to help. 

Obviously on here we try and help where we can :) and I hope it hasn't put you off the club.

Cheers

Steve

On 10/4/2017 at 9:00 PM, Steve Q said:

Glad this got sorted Gary and deffo a bonus that it didn't cost you! :) 

I think you didn't get a response, not because people were rude but because I don't think people knew how to help. 

Obviously on here we try and help where we can :) and I hope it hasn't put you off the club.

Cheers

Steve

no offence taken anyway Steve, was just posting some hopefully useful info :)

4 hours ago, Lethalw said:

no offence taken anyway Steve, was just posting some hopefully useful info :)

No worries :) 

Let's hope your info proves useful to other members :) 

Cheers

Steve