White cliffs of Dover could be sold!!

Steve Q

As it says, if the National Trust don't raise 1 million pounds in 3 weeks the white cliffs of Dover could be sold off to developers! 

This to me is a disgrace and begs the question why the white cliffs aren't a protected land mark across its whole length! 

Heres the link to the news story from the Telegraph. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/09/04/white-cliffs-dover-could-sold-developer-national-trust-cannot/amp/

Would make superb advertising display for large corporations such as McDonalds....I can see it now, the first thing you see when you sail in from France is the MaccyD's sign saying 'welcome to England...proudly sponsored by McDonalds'  :whistling1:

16 hours ago, Trevor said:

Would make superb advertising display for large corporations such as McDonalds....I can see it now, the first thing you see when you sail in from France is the MaccyD's sign saying 'welcome to England...proudly sponsored by McDonalds'  :whistling1:

That's the thing Trevor it'll just look stupid! 

13 hours ago, Brad-B5 said:

That's awful >:(

I know! Just another bit of profit that money and greed run this world 

I wen't on their website, I think they need a money counter to how much is raised as us as the public have no idea how close they are :( also when you think someone with vast amounts of wealth could easily give 1 mill to them :(

9 minutes ago, Brad-B5 said:

I wen't on their website, I think they need a money counter to how much is raised as us as the public have no idea how close they are :( also when you think someone with vast amounts of wealth could easily give 1 mill to them :(

Exactly! I just don't get why they are not protected already! We have had the white cliffs of Dover for the last 5000 years and no one has ever thought let's build on them! So why start now! 

As iv always said if I won the euro millions and got 80 mill then I would live off the interest but help local projects or fund raisers like this! 

• Like 1