Audi Pickup Truck

Rishi

Hi,

I am trying to get research on ideas of a pickup truck designed for Audi.

Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz recently released theirs to go up against the other pickup trucks which are around e.g. Ford F-150, Dodge Ram, Chevrolet Silverado.

Pickup Trucks/SUVs/4x4 are becoming more of a trend.

It would be great to hear some of your opinions/ideas on this.

Thanks.

I did a topic about pick ups recently and do feel it's an area Audi could branch out into. 

From Trevor's picks, I prefer the red version however I feel the brown one would be more likely to enter production. As it's based more on the Volkswagen pick up. 

If you look at the mercedes pickup it's just a rebadged Nissan navara. And the good v6 engine e isn't coming along till later next year. I do like it though! 

Hope that's all made sense lol 

• Like 2

Hi,

Thank you for you opinions.

What would you like to see on a Audi Pickup truck? E.g. features from other pickup trucks or from other Audi models like Q7, A5, R8 etc.

Basic models could have coil sprung suspension but higher spec cars could have air suspension, don't forget that certain parts of the world though the car would have to run on leaf springs to fit into the pickup category. This applies in certain parts of asia such a Thailand. 

Quattro is a must in both manual and automation form. I think engine wise you'd want decent sized diesels not like the 4 cylinders the Merc x class will start off with! So 3.0 v6 tdi, 4.2tdi or at a push petrol wise the 2.9 litre petrol  out of the RS4 or similar. or the v8/v10 out of the r8 for the middle eastern markets.  

Spec wise sticking with the current formula of se, s line, black edition would work fine I think. 

One problem with the Volkswagen pickup is the size of load space and weight it can carry which is less than it's competitors. This I feel would need addressing especially when competing against Mercedes. 

Hope IV helped abit and not bored you to death! 

Do you work.for Audi by any chance! ;)

Cheers

Steve 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...