Best way to use an MP3 player

RichJW

Hi,

I currently use a very old MP3 player, connected via the aux cable to the MMI system in my A3 (65 plate) to play my music on. I remember being advised to purchase the authentic cable from Audi (£30+) as it would then display the songs from the MP3 player on the dashboard view. However, it turns out it doesn't, so I have to use the MP3 players controls to manage the playlist.

So, in anticipation of my birthday, I'm thinking what is the best thing(s) I can buy to listen to and be able to control the music on the MMI system. I notice there is a memory card slot near the cd player in the glove box - is this any good? Would it display on my MMI?

Or, shall I invest in a specific type of MP3 player/cable? 

Note: I do not own an iPhone, nor do I wish to purchase one.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks,

Rich

I mostly use an iPod Classic using a normal Apple cable in the USB port which works well, apart from occasionally forgetting what playlist it is on. I have tried a usb stick but it would not recognise it. I have also put some songs on an sd card which works fine.