S tronic gearbox judder

Milner1988

I've got an issuse (I think) with my gearbox. I've got the 3.0 tdi Quattro with the s tronic box. Driving at speed it's fine but in slow moving traffic the gearbox seems very sluggish and vibrates (slightly) in d plus when I shift from d to n the car judders (slightly). I took the car to audi and they did a software update and said theres no faults but i cant belive that its made to do this. Does anyone else have the same box? Is this normal or do i need to start worrying? 

I doubt it I've had gearbox mounts go before and it doesn't feel like that, it's going back for a egr at Audi. I'm going to get them to have another look as it just doesn't feel right 

• 4 months later...

Mines not great in mine, when it’s hot in slow moving traffic & changes down into 1st I get a real jolt. I’ve done a full gearbox service & it’s still the same

Feels like somebody's 'pushing' the car forwards when it drops to first? Mine always wants to bolt off when I release the pedal. Nobody can give me a definitive answer though, it's driving me mad!

Did it improve any after the service then? Mine's booked in next week. 

Unfortunately no improvement after the service, mine clunks when hot changing from 2nd to 1st unless I do it manually by the flappy paddles & mine also makes the car creep forward if I’m not on the brake at a stand still. Compared to my bmw 6 speed tiptronic gearbox the Audi S-tronic feels quite agricultural in relation.