Simply Audi - new event for 2018! Chat thread

Steve Q

As it says, there is a new Audi show for 2018! The show is on the 29th April 2018 and is being held at the famous Beaulieu museum. Tickets are:

Adults - £10 pre ordered or £12 on the day. 

Children - £5 pre ordered or £6 on the day. 

The ticket also allows you into the museum!

We have to be at the venue for 9am to set up and the gates will open at 10am. 

Venue address: Beaulieu Motor Museum, Beaulieu, Hampshire, SO42 7ZN.

Please let me know if you are interested in attending and once we have numbers I'll arrange for us to have a club display! :) 

Think it would be great for us to attend as this is the first time this show has been put on. So it'll be quite unique for us and Beaulieu! 

*********************OFFICIAL PUBLICITY RELEASE FROM BEAULIEU **************************

Sunday April 29th  -  Building on the success of a record-breaking Simply season, Beaulieu is launching a brand new event with Simply Audi 

Celebrating one of the most respected automotive marques on the road, the rally is open to anyone who drives an Audi, regardless of age or model. Fans of German engineering, from the classic styling of the Quattro to the modern curves of the TT, can join the display in the stunning grounds of the National Motor Museum.

Look out for examples of the popular A3 and A4, off-road Q models and sporting RS, all built to the ‘Vorsprung durch Technik’ philosophy. Then head inside the museum to see one of the most iconic Audis on display, the awesome 1983 Audi Quattro A2 rally car which was driven to victory in numerous international events by motorsport aces Stig Blomqvist, Hannu Mikkola and John Bosch.

Whether your Audi is fresh from the showroom or a historic machine that dates back to the days when Audi was part of Germany’s Auto Union, all are welcome. There is no better excuse to park up in picturesque parkland, chat with like-minded owners and compare cars, before enjoying the features of one of the south’s leading visitor attractions.

Throughout the day, event participants and Beaulieu’s visitors can vote for their favourite Audi of the show in the People’s Choice Award. The winner will receive a Beaulieu trophy, before leading a cavalcade throughout the grounds of the attraction.

For those driving Audis into Beaulieu to take part in the show, participant tickets are £10 an adult, £5 a child (aged 5-16) if bought in advance online, or £12 an adult and £6 a child on-the-door.

All other visitors can buy a general admission ticket to Beaulieu at the standard attraction prices. For advance tickets or more information see www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-audi.

Admission tickets include entrance to all of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum and its collection of more than 250 vehicles, the World of Top Gear, On Screen Cars, 13th century Beaulieu Abbey, the Montagu ancestral home of Palace House and its stunning grounds and gardens.

Entry is from 9am for rally participants, when the Brabazon Restaurant will be serving hot drinks and breakfast snacks. All other visitors should enter Beaulieu though the Visitor Reception building with a standard attraction admission ticket from 10am.

For more information on the 2018 Beaulieu Simply season and events calendar, see www.beaulieu.co.uk/events or find us on Twitter @Beaulieu_Hants, on Facebook at /nationalmotormuseum or on Instagram @national_motor_museum and join the conversation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul A6 said:

Thanks Paul :) I always try and stay in premier inns as they are often good value and nice places to stay :) you staying over?  

6 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Thanks Paul :) I always try and stay in premier inns as they are often good value and nice places to stay :) you staying over?  

no lol only 34 miles away from me :yahoo:

HI Steve

Put me down for this one.:yes:

I have been to beaulieu for the last 3 years with the Mini cooper register.

Great day out.

What works is to meet at Rowhams services on the M27 for  about 8 am and then convoy in from there.

We were in a convoy of 22 minis last June.

The tickets let you see the museum and all the grounds as well.  So what normally costs £19.50 will only cost you £10 in advance.

so you get the Audi show, museum and gardens.

Graham

9 minutes ago, Southampton Graham said:

HI Steve

Great day out.

What works is to meet at Rowhams services on the M27 for  about 8 am and then convoy in from there.

The tickets let you see the museum and all the grounds as well.  So what normally costs £19.50 will only cost you £10 in advance.

Graham

@Southampton Graham i`ll see you there bud :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Southampton Graham said:

HI Steve

Great day out.

Graham

Fantastic Graham! I'll put your name down and thank you so much for the info :) 

3 minutes ago, Southampton Graham said:

Pleasure Steve.

For me, it is nice to have a very local event, purely on a selfish basis of course...

If anyone needs any local Info I would be happy to help out

Your a star I may rack your brains if I get any questions I can't answer :) 

Cheers

Steve 

31 minutes ago, Trevor said:

in the immortal lyrics of the Four Tops 'I'll be there'

May not be in an Audi but will be there (assuming no motor racing in Europe that weekend).

I'll add you to the list Trevor :)