New guy with TT

Denso50

Hi all, got my MK1 TT 4 weeks ago,enjoying it so far. Couple of things not quite right, my drivers side window drops when opening the door,passenger window doesn't. Both doors show door open on display when open,I've tried window reset(with doors open),when I do, the passenger window goes up and leaves the normal gap,I close the door and the window goes up as it should but when I open the door it doesn't drop.Any ideas ?

One of the   HID Xenon HeadLights (think thats what they are) doesn't light  all the time, it can be fine for a week then it stops working until I've driven a couple of miles turning the lights on and off a couple of times,last week I drove for about 4 hours at night and it was fine,this morning 10 km trip to work had to switch the lights on and off 3 times till it worked. The first time it did this I took the cover off the back of the headlight,pulled the plug off the bulb,quick look at the cables,put plug back and it worked for a week.

Anyway I am English but live in The Netherlands,anyone on here from NL? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dennis, sorry this topic has been missed. As staff we all work voluntarily to manage the forum so you'll have to forgive us for missing some topics. 

With regard to the window the mechanism could be on it's way out. 

With regard to the headlights, which light is it that's not working? Full beam or side light? As it's an intermittent fault I'd suspect it's wiring for the light instead or the light switch. However if it is a bulb then you'll be looking at roughly £180 per bulb. 

The best thing I'd advise is getting a diagnostic check carried out. 

Sorry I can't help more.

We also have a thread for Audi's from around the world. We'd love to see pics of your TT in the Netherlands :) 

Cheers

Steve

Hi,thanks Steve, all appears to be sorted now. I repeated the window reset a few times(with the doors closed) and all is now as it should be. Regarding the light, the car went for APK (MOT) a few days ago,it passed, the mechanic mentioned the light, said he fixed it  at no extra cost,bad earth. Ill get some photos taken and post asap.

Thanks, Dennis 

Glad it's all sorted Dennis :) just some advice regarding the windows. If you find the issue happening on both windows it can often be a sign that the battery is on it's way out. Obviously when the battery goes dead it won't lower the windows when you go to open the door. Luckily this won't affect opening the door but you may have to go steady when closing it, so as to not damage the glass. 

Cheers

Steve