Driving A5 Quattro in the snow

Tommys A5 Quattro

Hi all

Can anyone give advice on driving Quattro in the snow? cause on way to work this morning @5.30 on the A1 although only doing 30mph the front of car started to slide to the right starting to go sideways!!!!!! I just let go of the steering wheel and foot off the pedal and the car corrected itself into a straight line. done this twice which was a nasty shock !!!! any ideas all Cheers .As got to do the same again in the morning!!!!

Id never let go of the steering wheel in my opinion regardless of weather conditions. Let go of the accelerator and drive in the highest gear possible is the main advice. 

My key question would be, what road were you driving on to go 30mph? If there's ice and snow I always venture on the side of caution unless I know the roads clear. 

Cheers

Steve

Note that 4WD will get you and keep you going but when it comes to general handling while moving and stopping Quattro is as near as good as a 2WD Car. Seen many a smug 4x4 driver punch a complacent hole through a hedge before. Keep the speed down and remember how much your insurance excess is as that will be your minimum cost to repair post exuberance .

Also keep one eye out behind as your stopping may outperform the folk following you.

If you really must venture out prepare for the worst. Quattro will help you through snow but when the masses get stuck and block the road you are going nowhere too.