Total Electrical Blackout

TonyWhite

Evening all. I am on here to ask if anyone else has experienced the problem I have just encountered. My car has been running fine then when we had all the snow I went out to unlock and look to see if I had left my hat in the car and the key fob wouldn't unlock the car, no indicators flashed...nothing. I gave up for a day then wondered if it was so cold that Audi had some sort of low temperature lockout system but dismissed this straight away. I tried the spare key as its been telling me to change the battery for a while but nothing. About 3 days later I tried and still dead...like a totally flat battery.... I held the key in several positions then suddenly it opened and I started it no problem. I left the car again for a few days then tonight went to jump in it and it was dead again. Very weird.

Anyone else had issues like this and any thoughts as to the cause?

Hi Tony, 

My advice would be to get it to Audi as the car needs a diagnostic check carried out. Have you had any other electrical items play up.on the car lately? I ask as I'm wondering if an electrical item is draining the battery. Hopefully with any luck you'll still have warranty on it. If not then they should hopefully be able to provide some factory good will (discount) in light of the age of the car. 

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers

Steve