RS3 Grill on Audi A3 S-Line 2009

Y2AJ

Hi guys.

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this question has been asked before. However, when I bought this car it had an RS3 grill on it. The grill unfortunately got damaged and I'm now looking to replace it. Called Audi and they said that the RS3 grill doesn't fit the standard A3. Does anyone know how I can get that original honeycomb look? I bought one off eBay but it's definitely not the same quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm attaching pics of what I believe is the original grill and the eBay one. The original one doesn't have a part number so I don't known if it is real or not. I can't seem to find the same thing. The badge as well was moulded into the grill whereas on the eBay one it sticks out like a sore thumb. Please help.  

IMG-20180308-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180308-WA0002.jpg

Hmm, I wouldn't suspect it was genuine if there is no Audi part number but Audi are correct in saying the grill doesn't fit. Obviously it can be modified to fit as proven with your a3. 

The only thing I can advise is either look through the service history to see if there is an invoice for the grill or contact the previous owner.

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheer

Steve

• 7 months later...

hi, I purchased one of the eBay grilles, chrome edge - photos not too great but my badge holder came like yours did ^^ modified it so you can still see the honeycomb behind and doesn't stand out as much either 🙂

image1 (3).jpeg