Eddy 8P TDI

Ed_8P_TDI

Hi everyone, 

I am Eddy from the Netherlands. I bought my wife a 2005 8P 2.0 TDI, an Ambition Pro Line. It has a new turbo, because shortly after purchase the A3 went into limp mode on the motorway (overpressure) and it turned out the turbo had also suffered from internal damage. Cleaning the turbo was no option, so a brand new turbo was the only solution.

I made some modifications to the A3: it has been remapped, white 18" wheels and new Toyo Proxes tires, Dectane projector headlights with HID Xenon, smoke led rearlights and recently I've installed a new rear diffuser that was made by myself. The diffuser was a cheap S3-look diffuser from eBay, but I cut the whole thing up and turned it into a RS3-style kinda diffuser. The A3 will be lowered soon (thinking of H&R springs to get the A3 lower an additional inch) and I will get the windows done soon too. I have a RS3-style roof spoiler, which I am still working on. It was another cheap part I got from eBay, but it fits like crap so I also made modifications to it. And of course I need side skirts, S3 design, because that would properly fit the current rear diffuser.  Oh, and a front bumper skirt. Not sure what design, though... 

I have to admit, this Audi had poor maintenance and really needs some love. Besides the new turbo, I had to replace a CV joint and the drive shaft (perhaps this is caused by 295 ft lb torque), 2 new calipers, new torque rods, new brake pads rear and front and I will soon have to replace the dual mass flywheel because it is rattling. There's a lot of work ahead. :) 

bos_chromatic.jpg

koplampen_001_01.jpg

diffuser_rs_012_chromatic.jpg

diffuser_rs_002_chromatic.jpg

diffuser_rs_005_chromatic.jpg

diffuser_rs_006_chromatic.jpg

schoon_01_01.jpg

noalynn_01_01.jpg

diffuser_rs_004_chromatic.jpg

achterbumperskirt_001.jpg

achterbumperskirt_002.jpg

achterbumperskirt_003.jpg

s3_skirt_001.jpg

s3_skirt_002.jpg

s3_skirt_003.jpg

s3_skirt_004.jpg

s3_skirt_005.jpg

s3_skirt_009.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Eddy, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Sorry to hear you've had issues with the a3 but I'm glad to see it's in great hands. Audi's are generally reliable but if shortcuts are made with regard to servicing/repairs then this can lead to problems. 

I have to say your a3 looks lovely :) 

Would you mind if I shared your pictures in.our Audi's from around the world thread? 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Hello Steve, thank you. Sure, please share, no problem. :) 
To be honest, I am here because the Dutch forum is not very helpful and responsive. I don't know, if you don't drive an RS or that kind of Audi, I guess you're not interesting enough. I experienced this on Facebook too, but I am also a member of the UK 8P group, which is very responsive and helpful. 

8 hours ago, Ed_8P_TDI said:

Hello Steve, thank you. Sure, please share, no problem. :) 
To be honest, I am here because the Dutch forum is not very helpful and responsive. I don't know, if you don't drive an RS or that kind of Audi, I guess you're not interesting enough. I experienced this on Facebook too, but I am also a member of the UK 8P group, which is very responsive and helpful. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Which Facebook page wasn't very responsive? I hope it wasn't ours?! 

As I say we're a helpful buch on here and I think the 8p was on the most popular Audi models :) 

Cheers

Steve