Service History

onemanclapping

Hi folks

noobie here from Ireland.  I am looking at buying a 2014 Audi A4 2.0Tdi which is an English import.  From what i am reading the service history is now all digital (no books).  How can i go about checking up on the service history of the car please?

Welcome to the forum Mike, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

You are correct in saying the service history is now digital and the service history should be able to be provided by any Audi main dealer. This includes any warranty work or recall work that has been carried out. 

They may not provide you with exact details over the phone due to data protection.but they should be able to tell you if it's got full history and whether or not certain recalls have been carried out, such as the emissions recall. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi 

thanks for the reply Steve.  One more question please?

I checked the VIN number on Audi UK site and this car was recalled under the Emissions issue.
Has anybody who got their car recalled had any issues since? I have read of EGR failures, lower mpg etc. I am not sure does this affect the 2.0TDi or just the 1.6Tdi.
I did have a 2010 Golf 1.6Tdi that broke me with EGR and DPF issues so i don't want to be bitten twice.
Again thanks in advance for replies

Hello Mike,

"Has anyone who got their car recalled had any issues since?" I would strongly advise you to read owners comments under Recalls before going near this one. This one may? be OK but could be part of a reason why its ended up "out of the way?' over your side of the water. 

If it were me :- I would read all the posts, and then contact the previous owner to check with them what their experiences were with this car at the point they sold it. Sorry if this is an off put, but personally I wouldn't touch it without covering both of those points and being satisfied that it all stacks up.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

The recall is for both the 1.6tdi and 2.0tdi engines and is a software update. Id be very careful about buying a vag car that's had the emissions recall carried out. Here are the threads that Gareth is referring too: 

https://www.audiownersclub.com/forums/topic/6813-problems-after-ea189-engine-emissions-update/

Cheers

Steve