Heavy clutch

XuLeTZ

Hi everyone,

I have an Audi A4 2010 Avant 2.0 TDI 120BHP.

The problem I have is that yesterday I drove another car for 500 miles and when I got into my car again I felt the clutch is really heave and hard to press it.

The other car was a Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2014.

My problem is when I put it in 1st gear and releasing the clutch sometimes is juddering and also when I`m shifting from 3rd gear to 2nd gear is juddering, not hard, but it does...

The car has 140k miles and the clutch was never replaced, is that the symptom that I need to replace the clutch kit or I need to replace the clutch kit with the flywheel also?

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex, I would suspect at 140k your clutch is on it's way out and I believe it is the clutch and flywheel that need to be replaced together. My best advice would be to ring around local garages to get quotes. This especially if you are considering taking your a4 to Audi. You may find they may have offers on.for changing the clutch as they do with the cambelt and water pump in some cases. 

Cheers 

Steve