Looking to buy A4 Cabriolet

BBOA

Hi Everyone.

I have recently purchased a Q7 and I am now looking to buy either a TT or A4 Cabriolet AUTO. Given my budget the age-range of these would be from 2003-2006 I Imagine. By the sounds of it the biggest issue with these cars is the cambelt, just wondering if some Audi experts can give some advice whether these models/age would be worh pursuing given the issues.

Thanks

Hi Bradley, a convertible would be perfect in this nice weather! 

With the a4 and similar aged vag cars the only rust to be concerned about are the front wings which can rust at the top of the arch. This is caused by a piece of foam which is fitted between the wing and wheel arch liner and over time absorbs moisture which causes the wings to rust. 

Here's a couple of YouTube video which may help: 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Bradley

I've literally just done the same, purchased an A4 cab, 03 model. Looked at many TT's too but to be honest felt they were a tad small. The A4 is perfect, mine has just 49k on the clock, 1 owner from new and fsh and reading through the service book the cambelt was changed just 8000 miles ago on mine. Have to say I had a 66 plate company car until just recently and this A4 drives and feels as tight and as new as my company car did. So my suggestion would be to find a low mileage model where possible, there are plenty out there, and get one with service history. Then enjoy because with the roof down they are brilliant!

Cheers

Wayne

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, yorkshiregit said:

Mine had 230,000 miles on it, V6 diesel cam belt changed about every 75,000, no problems!

That's good mileage Nick 🙂 had anything go wrong at all? 

My a6 2.5tdi v6 is on 329k on the original engine and gearbox which have never been rebuilt 🙂

One of the rear ABS sensors went which is about the biggest thing, a right pain to change apparently! The fan belt went to at about 180.000 too Other than that the usual brake pads etc. 

Hi thanks for the reply, 

I will keep a look at out,

‘’does anyone know anything about sqealing brakes, I also have a 2014 Q7 no warning lights brake work fine but squeal intermittently.

thanks

On 5/23/2018 at 10:58 AM, BBOA said:

Hi thanks for the reply, 

I will keep a look at out,

‘’does anyone know anything about sqealing brakes, I also have a 2014 Q7 no warning lights brake work fine but squeal intermittently.

thanks

I avoid the automatic gearboxes as they seemed to have a lot of issues for a few years, look at the website honest john for the reviews. i think they eventually resolved the problems

• 2 months later...

Hello guys and girls 

so like our friend above 

I’m looking to get a cab to go on a road trip over Europe.   Either the 1.8T or the 3.0 tdi.    Also have to be a Quattro 

which would you say is better    Or can I spend on upgrades to get the 1.8T to the power of the 3.0 tdi 

... alan 

thanks 

• 4 months later...

Hello

I've recently purchased an A4 convertible 2004. V6 3L, Leather, wood surround, Sat Nav / Bose speakers 108,000 on the clock - £1250!

It's such a fun car to drive and 80% practical given it's got 4 proper seats and a small boot.

Dave 

fullsizeoutput_18f.jpeg

• 2 years later...