Keyless entry

Hhliam

Had my A6 3 days now and covered over 500 miles and it is a pleasure to drive. Just wondering if the key less entry can be disabled. It doesn’t seem to work on my car, can only open and lock using the key fob.

can’t find anything in the manual or through scrolling through the car MMI.

ANy one any idea how to re-programme to work?

Regards Mark

Mines a 2016 and does not have keyless entry - just keyless ignition and thats a bonus in my opinion. So many security nightmares with Keyless entry...

I think it depends if keyless entry was ordered when new. From the sound of it, this is unlikely. As Tom has said this is good for security and let's face it we've been open cars with buttons for years now so pressing it is nother here nor there really. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2018 S-Line and no keyless entry as standard - there is a 'blank' on the door handles but it is just that, a blank or insert that gets replaced with the sensor when it does have keyless entry. 

After reading all the security issues over it, I am, to be honest, quite pleased. 

, Past 2 cars had keyless entry and I found it convenient. Always put key in my jeans pocket, still find it a bit awkward to keep digging in pocket for key but not the end of the world.

The car is lovely and a pleasure to drive, best car I’ve had so far but did buy my missus a TT a few years ago and that was also an excellent car to drive.

But she hardly used it so it had to go. 

Regards Mark