Sat Nav Advice Please

dakes55

I recently bought a 2002 A8 D2 which has a Concert II radio fitted with a CD boot changer, I am a bit confused as this car has a GPS Antenna on the boot lid which makes me think that it used to have a Sat Nav Fitted, I would like to either put the car back to original specs or fit a new Sat Nav, would it be better to fit the original type of sat nav which I think should be a Navigation Plus, is there much wiring to do and are there any extra modules needed, any advice on this would be very welcome as i am not very familiar on this subject

Hi John, 

My advice would be to speak to Audi because if you give them your Vin number/reg they can give you an exact breakdown of the spec of your a8. 

If it wasn't spec'd with Sat nav then I wonder if the boot has been replaced at some point in the cars life. If it did have sat nav then you are right in saying it would have been navigation plus. 

I would imagine that the all other other components would still be fitted but you may also need the tv tuner module but this is pre digital as it may not be required anyway. But im not 100% sure to be honest. 

I can get you the part number for the navigation plus radio if required.

Cheers

Steve