Audi A6 Avant 2011 4F C6 front wipers do not work

Fozzy37b

my front wipers do not work at all...its not the fuses....also the washers only go for 3seconds then stop if i take the fuse out then put it back in.....brought another moter and tried but its not that.Is there a command relay somewhere or could it be the stalk on the steering column.

Thee back wipers work fine

no the linkage is good and there is no sound coming from the motor.

is there a control relay somewhere...its not under the steering column like on the older models which was relay 603.

Hello Neil,

Probably barking up wrong trees, but I believe the wipers won't work if the bonnet is open. Yes, I know it will be said it was closed when you tried them! - but does the (possibly faulty) "bonnet closed" switch/sensor know that? As I said, probably totally wrong, but might be worth giving the bonnet a good slam when shutting.

A more plausible cause? Others more knowledgeable on this model than I am will no doubt confirm/refute that the wipers are controlled by a body control unit/module (BCU/M) and this may be faulty. Someone? -  Does replacing the wiper motor dictate reprogramming so the BCU recognises the replacement unit?

Just some food for thought.

As with many of these things, it is often more economical ( say in comparison with buying a replacement motor) to invest in the services of an auto electrician for a couple of hours. 

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Kind regards,

Gareth.