Houston we have a problem

White Knight 2

Hi everyone, I'm new and havnt got a clue about audi so hopefully someone can help, only got the car on Friday and there is a problem 😥 after having some fun in the sun and driving about with the roof down etc, when the roof back up it seems there is a gap between the front drivers window and the seal, between the front and rear windows , they don't sit flush together. Although the gap is in the drivers window I think the problem may be with the rear window as that seems to be not sitting flush or into roof correctly, if that makes sense lol, is this window sync? I've informed the garage where I got the car from, they said there is a fix and will get back to me 🙄 please, any advice would be really appreciated before the rain comes 😮 (2007 audi a4 b7 s line cabriolet)

IMG-20180709-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20180709-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20180709-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180709-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20180709-WA0004.jpg

Well done for spotting this Marty, alot of people wouldn't have done! I'd definitely let the dealer sort it. But I would have to agree with you. If I recall the rear window lifts up first then the drivers window will follow suit. Obviously if the rear window isn't lined properly then the front window won't line up either. 

Have you made sure the roof is sealing properly along the edge of windscreen babe the same for the passenger side?

Cheers

Steve

Hia Steve thanks for the reply mate, yes I think it could actually be the rear window causing it but I'm also gonna check the roof tomorrow morning before it goes to the garage just in case, thanks mate, cheers marty. 

OK a happy update on this issue - all sorted it was window realignment and cost £30 which I can claim back ,the guy at my local garage said its no biggie and just one of those things with cabbys, and it shudnt happen again now (finger's crossed) so I'm over the moon with that, now on with the mods haha, cheers marty

On 7/12/2018 at 1:04 PM, White Knight 2 said:

OK a happy update on this issue - all sorted it was window realignment and cost £30 which I can claim back ,the guy at my local garage said its no biggie and just one of those things with cabbys, and it shudnt happen again now (finger's crossed) so I'm over the moon with that, now on with the mods haha, cheers marty

Result! Glad it was something straight forward 🙂

cheers

Steve

1 minute ago, White Knight 2 said:

Yeh me too, hope it lasts, thanks Steve, cheers marty. 

You're welcome mate, I hope the claim for the £30 comes Swiftly and they don't mess you around. 

Cheers

Steve