Boot storage panel - device???

Critical_mass

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the device is behind the removal panel on the Passenger side. it has a plastic frame and almost looks like a stack of HDDs in a cage?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

its the satnav m8

Ok, im hoping thats good news then. My MMI says its not installed. But i did get a CD with the car (though havent tried it). Am i being naive in thinking i can put the CD in and install the satnav?

Seems a big piece of kit just for sat nav.

if the cd? should be a DVD disk is the maps then ya just pop it in m8 and leave it in mmi will detect you have inserted the disc and fire up

1 hour ago, Paul A6 said:

if the cd? should be a DVD disk is the maps then ya just pop it in m8 and leave it in mmi will detect you have inserted the disc and fire up

Is that in the boot, as neither units look like a dvd player. Pic above 

19 hours ago, Critical_mass said:

Yeah a cd changer. Which wont ever be used as i want to some way to use my phone to play music via a bluetooth adapter of some sort. 

Your options are 

Retrofit ami + tune2air

Dension500bt ( i have this ) 

Vns media 

Driveen

Fm transmiter 

Can i play music on an app of my choice AND use for phone calls through the Dension500bt? The car did come with a BT phone like gadget that connects to a port in the central arm rest. It works, but i find my phone doesnt auto connect to it and I i cant play music through it. 

Ill do some research into the devices youve listed. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Critical_mass said:

Can i play music on an app of my choice AND use for phone calls through the Dension500bt? The car did come with a BT phone like gadget that connects to a port in the central arm rest. It works, but i find my phone doesnt auto connect to it and I i cant play music through it. 

Ill do some research into the devices youve listed. Thanks.

Yes dension 500bt does both hands free and music streaming 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Critical_mass said:

So far ive fallen in love with the 2.7 v6 diesel, its smooth and effortless, but im finding it does drink fuel (i know i know i didnt buy it for economy).

My 3.0tdi 233bhp does around 25mpg city traffic and 40+ motorways 

A6 c6 is a lovley car 🙂